Established in 1950, St. Andrews Presbyterian Weekday School is a vital part of the Church’s ministry to the children and families of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church and our Community.
The purpose of St. Andrews Presbyterian Weekday School is to provide opportunities in a Christian environment, which meet the educational needs of the early childhood years — to provide the environment, the atmosphere and the experiences necessary to help each child attain his/her mental, physical, social, emotional and spiritual potential. Every child is valued as a unique and special child of God.
Educating the Whole Child
- Small student/teacher ratio ensures opportunities for individualized instruction.
- Spacious, well-equipped rooms with learning centers provide opportunities for active hands-on exploration, discovery and learning.
- Developmentally appropriate practices promote optimal learning and development.
- Thematic units use language arts, math, science, social studies, music and art to create a wide variety of meaningful activities and experiences.
- Spiritual development takes place throughout our daily routine and is enriched with Bible Story Time in the Sanctuary weekly.
- Monthly field trips and in-house programs enrich and expand our units of study.
- Spanish instruction takes place in the 3K and 4K classrooms weekly.
- Daily outdoor play encourages gross motor skill development and additional social interaction. Two playgrounds provide separate, age appropriate play areas for toddlers and our older 3’s and 4’s.