Established in 1950, St. Andrews Presbyterian Weekday School is a vital part of the Church’s ministry to the children and families of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church and to the children and families of our Community.
The purpose of St. Andrews Presbyterian Weekday School is to provide opportunities in a Christian environment, which meet the educational needs of the early childhood years — to provide the environment, the atmosphere and the experiences necessary to help each child attain his/her mental, physical, social, emotional and spiritual potential. Every child is valued as a unique and special child of God.
Educating the Whole Child
- Small student/teacher ratio insures opportunities for individualized instruction.
- Spacious, well-equipped rooms with learning centers provide opportunities for active hands-on exploration, discovery and learning.
- Developmentally appropriate practices promote optimal learning and development.
- Thematic units teach language arts, math, science, social studies, music and art through a wide variety of meaningful activities and experiences.
- Music, Movement and Art classes provide additional experiences to integrate the arts into our curriculum and encourage creative expression.
- Spiritual development takes place throughout our daily routine and is enriched with Bible Story Time in the Sanctuary weekly.
- Bimonthly field trips and in-house programs enrich and expand our units of study.
- Spanish instruction takes place in the classrooms.
- Daily outdoor play encourages gross motor skill development and additional social interaction. Two playgrounds provide separate play areas for toddlers and our older 3’s and 4’s.